The North Shore is a very special place… and our taproom is tied to that experience, that memory, that you associate with a fresh Lake Superior breeze. Over the past few months, we have needed to close our taproom and make significant changes so that we can carefully welcome you back. Our ultimate priority is to ensure the safety of our staff, customers, and community.
Just as we aim for continuous improvement in the quality of our beer, we will continuously attempt to improve your safety and experience in our taproom. We ask that you please be patient with us as we adjust to these new methods. In addition, if – at any point – you feel uncomfortable or see an area where we can improve, we ask that you share that with us. We hope we have thought of everything, but value your input and ideas.
GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS:
- Reservations for indoor dining with call-ahead or online seating to better space customers and eliminate waiting. You can book your reservation beginning at 10am the day before your planned visit.
- Reservations are NOT required for outdoor dining.
- Our indoor seating limit is 8 people to a table. There are no outdoor seating limits.
- All guests please read through self-screening questions prior to arrival.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of reservation start and leave promptly when time limit is up.
- Children are welcome – they are included in your reservation count.
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated people. Masks are still required if you are unvaccinated.
- Masks are not required outside on the patio.
- Please keep 6 feet of distance from all employees and other customers, especially in high-traffic areas such as checkout and waiting areas, outside restrooms, or at the bar.
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved.
- We ask that customers bus own tables before leaving.
- No growler returns.
- No tours at this time.
Here’s what we’re doing on our end:
- Taproom employees are wearing masks to protect you!
- Sanitizing surfaces regularly and disinfecting customer tables and order areas between uses.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Call ahead to reserve your table and arrive 5-10 minutes early. (We are requiring masks indoors at this time to ensure the safety of our customers, community, and staff. Please don’t forget one!)
- Walk up to our friendly greeter; they will check you in.
- Wait to be called on by one of our bartenders to get your beers/beverages.
- Grab your drinks and follow the arrows and one-way traffic signs to find your table (they will all be numbered inside). Patio seating is first come, first served – no reservations are required.
- Need to reorder? Follow the one-way signs to get back into the taproom and wait to be called on to get your second round.
- Time to check out? Please bus your tables before leaving.
- Exit out the door in the fence towards the Depot/parking lot.
*RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE AT 10 AM ONE DAY IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT.*