Castle Danger Brewery is a family owned brewery that is team oriented, has a learning/adaptive approach to brewing, and is willing to make consumer centric decisions when it comes to overall beer quality. We are a rapidly growing organization that works hard and has fun. The success of our business has come from our people who have passion, commitment, creativity, initiative and a collaborative team spirit. When we have open positions, they will be posted on this site.
Castle Danger Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and complies with all applicable federal and state laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We are currently accepting applications for these positions at the brewery in Two Harbors and around the state of MN:
SECOND SHIFT BREWER – FULL-TIME
The Brewer performs a variety of production tasks to ensure consistently high-quality Castle Danger beers are produced. This is a second shift position, Wednesday – Saturday, with four 10-hour shifts.
- Complete a variety of brewing calculations
- Follow established SOPs and develop as necessary
- Wort production on a 30bbl 4-vessel system with a focus on quality, consistency, and yield
- Yeast handling including pitching, and cropping yeast
- Fermentation management and monitoring
- Operate a GEA Decanter Centrifuge and properly dispose of beer waste
- Record keeping and documentation of practices
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Raw materials receiving, handling, and inventory
- Extensive cleaning of equipment and facility
- Recipe design and wort production on the pilot system
- Perform QA/QC duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of two years production brewery experience
- Must be passionate about craft beer
- Strong knowledge of CIP and sanitizing principles
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work weekends/overnights
- Positive attitude, initiative, creativity, and adaptability as CDB grows
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to operate a forklift (will train)
- Stand/walk during entire shift
- Lift /carry supplies in excess of 85 lbs and team lift up to 170 lbs
- Position requires frequent crouching, moving heavy hoses, work in hot, cold, and humid environments
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Education, coursework in brewing strongly preferred
STREET TEAM / BRAND AMBASSADOR – PART TIME
We have assembled a Street Team (commonly called Brand Ambassadors in the industry) of individuals who have a passion for craft beer and want to spread the word about Castle Danger beers in the marketplace. Brand Ambassadors are part-time employees who work liquor store samplings, beer festivals, and other beer events. We are looking to add to our Street Team in these areas we serve: St. Cloud, Detroit Lakes, Alexandria, West Iron Range (Hibbing, Grand Rapids), and Northwest Wisconsin (Superior, Ashland). The minimum commitment we are seeking is 1 event per month. Benefits include hourly wage, discounted merchandise, and beer.
Duties include: Attending events and pouring samples, sharing information about Castle Danger Brewery and the beer and providing friendly service to represent the brand in a positive manner at all times.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, 21 years of age or older, passion for craft beer, strong communication and customer service skills, reliable transportation to get to events at 4pm during the week and various times during the weekend, ability to stand and remain stationary for long periods of time, ability to lift 55+ pounds and the ability to work independently.
Please complete this form:
Application for Employment
If you are having troubles with the online form and would like to print off and complete our application, please download the below application and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Danger Brewery Application for Employment
If you are unable to email the application, mail to:
Castle Danger Brewery
17 – 7th St.
Two Harbors, MN 55616